Campbell Sports Center
The Campbell Sports Center is the primary, multi-purpose facility for Columbia outdoor sports programs at Baker Athletics Complex. The new center, designed by Steven Holl, includes strength and conditioning space; offices for some varsity sports programs and football; an auditorium; hospitality suite; student-athlete spaces; and sustainable elements such as high-efficiency lighting system and boilers, demand-control ventilation, economizers and variable frequency drives. For more information, visit the Columbia Athletics website.
Image Carousel with 3 slides
A carousel is a rotating set of images. Use the previous and next buttons to change the displayed slide
Slide 1: A rear view of the Campbell Sports Center at dusk.
Slide 2: A close up of the exterior staircases of Campbell Sports Center taken at dusk.
Slide 3: A front view of Campbell Sports Center against a cloudless blue sky.
About the Project
Completion Date: February 2013
Square Footage: 47,700 gross square feet
- LEED Gold Certification
- MASterworks Award for Best New Building from the Municipal Art Society of New York
- Outstanding Project from the Greater New York Construction User Council
- Platinum Award from the American Council of Engineering Companies New York
- Building of the Year from The Architect's Newspaper
- Design Honor Award from AIA-NY
- Design Merit Award from AIA NY State
- The International Architecture Award, The Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design
- Seaony Excellence in Structural Engineering Award